Assures consistent quality of testing services, engineering design, and manufacturing by developing and enforcing procedures in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 quality management system.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by learning and complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensures that fellow lab technicians, clients, and third-party personnel, as well as other staff members, comply with companywide safety policies and practices.
- Reports unsafe or dangerous conditions to the Lab Manager and Lab Supervisor.
- Safely executes tasks involving hazardous materials according to SDS standards.
- Prepares test samples to be tested in conformance with industry and/or client test protocols.
- Executes test programs, closely monitoring and controlling test equipment, e.g. test frames, to remain in compliance with test protocol.
- Ensures safe operation of test frames, machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on test equipment, e.g., motors, pneumatic tools, control systems, tongs and horizontal buck-on machines, etc.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges, etc.
- Ensure that all calibrated devices are up to date and in good working order before use.
- Controls downtime by informing lab supervisor and manager of routine preventive maintenance.
- Demonstrates competency in forklift, crane, and rigging operations
- Exhibits and demonstrates technical skills needed to safely execute testing programs, e.g. soldering, wire terminations, general computer skills, strain gage application and data acquisition, induction heating systems set-up and operation, thermocouple attachment, set-up and use, etc.
- Compensated overtime will be approved as needed in order to meet deadlines.
- Night and weekend rotational shifts.